- Elisabeth of Bohemia’s correspondence with Descartes
- Immanuel Kant, “What is Enlightenment?”
- William Godwin, Political Justice
- Mary Wollstonecraft, “A Vindication of the Rights of Woman“
- Emma Goldman, Anarchism and Other Essays
- Robert Paul Wolff, In Defense of Anarchism
- Hazel Barnes, Humanistic Existentialism
- Adrian Piper, Rationality and the Structure of the Self, vol. 1, and vol. 2.
- The Anarchy Archives
- David Ray Griffin, Unsnarling the World-Knot: Consciousness, Freedom, and the Mind-Body Problem
- Simone Weil, Lectures on Philosophy–simone_weil_lectures_on_philosophy_1978
- W,X,Y, Z, and GA, Un Esayo Marginal
- A. Philips Randolph, Bayard Rustin, & Martin Luther King, Jr., “The Freedom Budget” (1966)
- Robert Hanna, Utopia Now
And another way to resist the Professional Academic State and support real philosophy is to write something for the S.Ph. journal, which strives to provide a home for academically-informed non-academic creative philosophizing.
“I think there is no one who has rendered worse service to the human race than those who have learned philosophy as a mercenary trade.” –Seneca, Letters to Lucilius